Instagram is a quite popular social network service which is owned by Facebook. And a lot of smartphone users use this app on a daily basis. But unlike other social media websites like Facebook, Instagram is primarily made for smartphones. It offers one of the best mobile apps for both Android as well as iOS. While you can still access Instagram on your PC using a browser, you do not get all of the features. And one such feature missing from Instagram PC is DMs or Direct Messages.
This can be quite frustrating for a lot of users who want to message their friends via Instagram PC. Therefore, today we are here to show How to DM on Instagram PC. And you can also learn more about the DM feature of Instagram in this article. You can find multiple methods in this article which can be used to successfully send messages on Instagram using your PC. So, if you want to have the ability to send Instagram messages from your computer, make sure to go through this article till the end:
DM (Direct Feature) Feature for Instagram PC:
If you are new to using Instagram then you might be unfamiliar with the DM feature. DM stands for Direct Message which allows you to get in touch with your friends on Instagram. You can send text messages, media files, and even video call others using the DM feature of Instagram. As a result, it offers an interactive social experience to the user since this feature makes Instagram makes a much better social media website. And as you would expect, the DM for the Instagram PC feature allows you to do exactly this right on your computer.
How DM Works on Instagram PC?
Now that you know the benefits of using the Instagram DM feature, the chances are that you also want this feature on your PC. Unfortunately, Instagram is mainly made for smartphones which include Android and iOS devices. As a result, the PC version misses out on various feature including the DM option. Thankfully, there are third party methods that can be used to easily get the DM option on Instagram PC. You can simply go through the following methods one by one to get this feature on your computer:
Enable Instagram DM using Console in Google Chrome:
Google Chrome offers a lot of advanced features that can be useful for developers. And these options can be found in the Console menu of Google Chrome. One of these options allows the user to emulate mobile devices while accessing websites in Google Chrome. This option can be used to enable the DM feature on Instagram by simply emulating a mobile device. By using this option you are essentially opening the mobile Instagram website that allows you to use the DM feature. In order to use the Google Chrome Console for enabling the Instagram DM feature, you can simply follow the given steps one by one:
- First, open Google Chrome on your computer and open the Instagram website.
- Now, press F12 on your keyboard which will open the Console in your browser. If this keyboard shortcut does not work for you, you can also right click on an empty spot on a webpage and select Inspect Element. Once you have done that, simply go to the Console tab using the menu bar.
- After this, click on the Toggle Device Toolbar option or press Ctrl + Shift + M on your keyboard. You can find this option with a mobile and tablet icon in the upper left corner of the Google Chrome Console.
- Once you have done this, select iPhone X from the drop-down menu presents on the Device Toolbar. You can also adjust the scale of this emulated device to perfectly fit your screen for optimal user experience.
- Finally, reboot the Instagram tab to open the mobile Instagram website. You can then log in with your Instagram account and access the Instagram DM option. This allows you to send messages to other Instagram users without any issues.
Download Instagram for PC from the Windows Store:
Microsoft Windows comes with an app store in recent versions of Windows which includes Windows 8 or up. You can use this app store to download and install a wide range of apps and games on your computer. As you would expect, Instagram is also available on it since it is a popular social media service. And this Instagram app available on the Windows Store is quite similar to the mobile versions of Instagram. Due to this, you can also find the direct message feature in the Instagram app found on the Windows Store. Thankfully, installing and using this app on your computer is quite easy and straight forward. You can go through the following instructions one by one to use the DM feature of Instagram on your computer:
- At first, open the Microsoft Windows Store on your computer using the Windows Search option.
- After that, sign in with your Microsoft account that you wish to use for downloading apps on your computer.
- Now, search for the Instagram app on the Windows Store using the search option.
- Once you have found the Instagram app, download and install it on your computer.
- At last, open the app and sign in with your Instagram account. You can then message others by simply opening anyone’s Instagram profile. The Instagram Windows app offers the DM option right on the profile pages of other users.
We hope that you are now able to use DM for Instagram PC without any issues. You can go through this article to learn more about the DM feature offered by Instagram. And all of the various methods mentioned in this article can be useful for using the Direct Message feature of Instagram on your computer. As a result, you can have a great social media experience on your PC while using Instagram. In case you liked this article, then make sure to share it on social media. If you have any doubts regarding any of the solutions, feel free to ask any queries in the comments section below.