Featured Adding a restart button
Sometimes, it may be convenient to restart an event like a ping or a thumbnail generation because bugs just happen (on either side).
If the event is in error state, you will find a new button ⟳ to restart the event.
Featured New GIF option
In response to feedback, we've added a new
offset parameter that allows you to start the animation wherever you choose to do so. You can read the complete documentation here.
You only get one shot at a first impression, so it pays to make it a good one. Thumbnails are the first thing people see when they visit a video website. In order to keep your audience those images need to pop with vitality and excitement. A great, not just good, first impression makes people hunger for more videos.
Today, we are thrilled to introduce some cool new features that make the Preview API even more vibrant and stimulating for your users.
14 filter choices let you create unique and dynamic visuals that will captivate your audience.
Here, we have a comparison between a default thumbnail and a thumbnail that has a border, a drop shadow and a
surrealistic filter. Isn't it much better?
The API offers the following filters:
You can preview each of the filters on this page.
We've added a number of options to help you customize the look of your thumbnails. Never before has it been this easy to add borders and drop shadows and to square your images.
Here are the new API options:
squareif true, crops the thumbnail so it has a square aspect
border_widthborder width in pixels
border_colorcolor of the border in hexadecimal, default
shadowadd a drop shadow to the thumbnail
rotaterotate the thumbnail by the given degree
We hope that you and your users will love these new features as much as we do.
- 2013-11-29 Introducing an Objective-C library
- 2013-11-22 Introducing a Java library
- 2013-11-13 Windows Azure now supported
- 2013-11-07 Introducing authentication by API key
- 2013-10-24 SFTP output URL supported
- 2013-10-24 A new output_url parameter to replace all *_directive
- 2013-10-18 New error codes
- 2013-10-16 Robot API - All errors collected in a single field
- 2013-10-15 Ping request format in JSON and XML
- 2013-09-24 The Robot API gets a Major Update
- 2013-07-05 Introducing the Robot API
- 2013-06-14 Releasing a NodeJS Library
- 2013-06-13 Introducing a New PHP Library
- 2013-05-31 HeyWatch Website Is Now Responsive
- 2013-05-29 A New Video Preview API To Boost User Engagement
- 2013-05-29 Sync and Async Thumbnail Generation API Deprecated
- 2013-05-03 The automatic_encode parameter is now implicit